Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Too, too busy! by Marilyn Meredith

Here I am, an old lady, retired from several jobs over the years--now I'm just supposed to be a writer.

However, I'm still doing some consulting for folks who are either in the residential care business or want to be. For the first mentioned, I do a monthly newsletter, attend their organization's meetings, and answer questions via phone. (I used to teach various subjects to these same people and have become somewhat of an expert on regulations.)

For the folks who want to get into the business, I write program designs. Sometimes that is a fairly easy prospect--at others so complicated I wish I'd charged double my going fee.

The only reason I'm mentioning both, is because it seems this is the time of the year when I'm being asked to do a record amount of these things. What I really need to be doing is working on my next Rocky Bluff P.D. mystery. It should have already been finished and sent to the publisher. Fortunately, she's moved the publishing date a couple of months away from the original one.



And of course, I'm in the throes of promoting my next Deputy Tempe Crabtree mystery, River Spirits. On November 1st, I embark on a virtual book tour. Here is the first two week's schedule in case you are interested in following along.

Nothing ever happens without problems, so instead of beginning on Nov. 1, I have two posts on November 2nd.

Nov. 2    http://judys-stew.blogspot.com                   
Coming Up With a Title

The Bumpy Road of Publication for the Tempe Crabtree Series

Where Deputy Tempe Crabtree Came From

Nov. 4    http://Susanvankirk.com   
The Setting for the Deputy Tempe Crabtree Series


Indians or Native Americans


A Few Questions and Answers

Nov. 7  History of the Indians I Borrow From

A Day in the Life of Kate Eileen Shannon

My Relationship with Tempe Crabtree


How Tempe Got Her Name

Nov. 11   http://lornacollins-author.blogspot.com/ Where My Inspiration Comes From (after writing so many books}

How Long Will the Series Continue?

My Writing Process

Why it’s Okay to Take a Break from Writing

Nov. 15   http://www.marywelk.com/  
The Supportive Mystery Writing Community

Where I Get My Energey

Avoiding the Jessica Fletcher Syndrome


Nov. 18 http://bookbrowsing.wordpress.com    Promotion Tips

Blurb for River Spirits:
While filming a movie on the Bear Creek Indian Reservation, the film crew trespasses on sacred ground, threats are made against the female star, a missing woman is found by the Hairy Man, an actor is murdered and Deputy Tempe Crabtree has no idea who is guilty. Once again, the elusive and legendary Hairy Man plays an important role in this newest Deputy Tempe Crabtree mystery.

Bio:
Marilyn Meredith is the author of over thirty-five published novels, including the award winning Deputy Tempe Crabtree mystery series, the latest River Spirits from Mundania Press. Marilyn is a member of three chapters of Sisters in Crime, Mystery Writers of America, and on the board of the Public Safety Writers of America. She lives in the foothills of the Sierra. Visit her at http://fictionforyou.com and her blog at http://marilymeredith.blogspot.com/


Contest: The winner will be the person who comments on the most blog posts during the tour.
He or she can either have a character in my next book named after them, or choose an earlier book in the Deputy Tempe Crabtree series—either a paper book or e-book.

Oh, and I didn't mention, I have a bunch of kids, grandkids and great grands I like to spend time with too.

Marilyn


No comments:

Post a Comment

This is a comment awaiting moderation on the blog.